I Got This!
The alarm went off at 5 am Monday morning. "Fuck" I thought to myself. It was way to early on a Monday morning for this shit. I wanted to go back to sleep. I wanted my three more hours before having to get up for work. I was just about to pull the covers back over my head when my phone rang. I rolled me eyes and begrudgingly answered the phone.
All I could muster was a grunt. The voice on the other end laughed. "Well good morning to you too" he said with all the chipperness of Disney World. "You're way to fucking happy for this time of day" I blurted out. "Can't we rethink this plan? I mean, there has to be some other way to do this." I thought reasoning with my insane morning company would help me. Turns out that only motivated the fucker.
"Too late" he said "I'm already outside, we're doing this!" I got out of bed and dragged myself to the window, sure enough there he was waving at me like a child watching a parade. This was it. No way out now. I washed my face, brushed my teeth and put on my workout clothes. I slowly made my way to his car. My first day of my new workout routine was starting along with a new meal plan.
I so wasn't ready for this. I was hungry, tired and already hurt. I hated going to the gym. Fat girl on a treadmill as everyone look at me. I feel the embarrassment and anxiety creeping up like a lump in my throat. He must have noticed how uncomfortable and nervous I was as we pulled into the parking lot. He took my hand "It's going to be okay. It's your first day of a very long journey and I know you can do this."
I felt this sense of hopefulness and support come over me. "I know, I've got this!"
Comments
Post a Comment